I headed off to HUP today for the long-awaited CT scan along with a doctor's appointment. In case it's been so long that you've forgotten, the CT was to check that the infection from September (the one that had to be surgically drained and landed me in the hospital twice) had fully abated. If not, I'd be back on endless weeks of IV antibiotics with some harsh side effects that already put me into acute renal failure once. Not to mention, it would set this whole recovery thing back quite a few steps, yet again. So as far as I was concerned, the stakes were pretty high: fine and clear; or 6 weeks of misery that may or may not solve the problem.
I'll not keep you in suspense. The CT went well. The infection is completely gone as far as they can tell. I have some inflammation around my sternum, but that has been showing up in CTs since the transplant and hasn't gotten any bigger. Also, it looks like the persistent-if-slight pneumothorax is all but gone. So, all good news.
Also had another lung function test, and the numbers were stable, improved just a tiny bit. The stomach is still an issue, and doesn't seem to be improving much despite a new med, so I'll just have to wait it out, I suppose.
That's about it. Back to the doc's in a month to make sure things are going smoothly, and I'll see where I go from there.