Tuesday, September 14, 2010

back to the hospital, again

so we'll start with the good news again. the penrose drain came out yesterday and the hole in my neck/chest seems to be healing just fine.

now to the bad news. had some blood work done today and then went in to see the dr h. it seems my kidney function is way high, as is my tac level, and i am in some sort of acute renal failure because of the combined toxicity of the tac and the colistin. so i'm headed back to the hospital as soon as a room opens up for me. the plan is to hydrate me with iv fluids, monitor the tac and creatinine levels and get them under control, make sure there is no permanent damage to my kidneys, and figure out a way to continue treatment for the previous infection at nontoxic levels.

4 comments:

  1. F%CK!!....Thoughts are with you brother, hope some good fluids will kick your kindeys back into shape...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez. Sending good, healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thoughts are with you bro. thanks for the updates and here's to a speedy recovery.
    let us know if you need anything

    ReplyDelete