Saturday, July 3, 2010

Male nurse day

Today was male nurse day in Founders 1476. I actually like having the
occassional male nurse: it's a nice change of pace. This guy was like
a toned down version of the case-of-the-Mondays waiter in Office
Space. Actually I kinda like the guy, but he said "these guys" way to
much. As in, You gotta take these guys first, referring to some pills.
And, I gotta hook this guy up, referring to an IV antibiotic. As I was
wheeled away for my kafkaesque trip to radiology for a chest xray he
actually said, I'll catch you on the flippy. No joke.

But he was a solid nurse. The newly annointed residents are another
story. I have them to thank for being underdosed on pain meds all
afternoon. Not that I'm in unendurable pain, but I could stand to be
in a bit less. Coaxing from me and badgering from the Dad eventually
got it resolved, but I'm not sure how many days of this I can tolerate.

Chest xray supposedly (read by first year resident) showed improvement
and, as the Dad continues to remind me, the fatigue issue seems
resolved, so I guess things are headed in the right direction.
Prednisone has been reduced to help fight infection, but the tac level
is still hard to pin down.

All my meds make me so shaky it's hard to type on the ol iPhone, so
until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment