Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weekly medical update

It's that time of the week again: time for the weekly medical update.

Dr H is on vacation in Greece or someplace, so this week's appointment was just with B, my nurse practitioner.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction. My stomach issues are nearly entirely resolved. Potassium level is back to normal. Tac level is a little low, so we are upping the tac dose. Lung function is moving up again after a week-long plateau and is now at 45%.

The big questions will be answered on Friday when they do the bronchoscopy. Depending on what they see when they go in there, they may put a stent in the left anastomosis if the dehiscence is not healed/healing. The look of the bronch will also determine whether or not they continue the IV antibiotics beyond the initial two weeks. Obviously, I'm hoping for no stent and no more IVs.

In News of Christopher's Eventual Independence, the ban on driving will be lifted next week. This is the first step in kicking my parents out of the apartment they found me and resuming something close to independent life. Mom and Dad have been great, and I couldn't have done any of this without them, but I'm pretty eager to make my way back to life as normalish.

MT, my old neighbor, came down to visit last night. So I got a healthy dose of old Wayne. Oh, and cupcakes. Today DD is coming down, so I will be cheerfully entertained all day. And then back to rehab on Thursday. Bronch on Friday. What fun.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Chris. We're cheering for you and hope the IV's are discontinued and some normalcy is on its way. Oh, hope the bronc looks good too! The bump in the road we're having, to put it nicely, just sucks! Hello to your parents!

    ReplyDelete