Monday, July 5, 2010

Yesterday was long and boring. The morning brought unnecessary alarm
bells and the afternoon brought hours of playing rummy 500 with mom.

In the morning one of the residents informed me that there was fluid
in my lungs, filling the pneumothorax, and that my hemoglobin was
getting dangerously low. Turns out the hemoglobin was probably a lab
error (reran the test and number was ok) and after hours of fretting,
the attending informed me that fluid filling the pneumo was perfectly
normal, and everything was going as expected. The pneumo hadn't gotten
bigger so there was nothing to worry about.

Then, hours of the ongoing card game with mom. I forget who's winning.

I slept through the fireworks, sort of. Mom, dad, and Aunt E watched
them from the hallway with a bunch of other patients.

That's it. Usual blood work and chest xray planned today.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment